What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a nearly invisible way to straighten teeth without braces. Treatment consists of a series of clear, removable aligners to gradually straighten teeth, without metal or wires. It uses 21st century 3D computer imaging technology that allows you to see your teeth in real time before, after...and during your treatment!
Does Invisalign really work?
Yes. In both clinical research and in orthodontic and dental practices around the world, Invisalign has been proven effective at straightening teeth. Over 1 million patients have either been treated or are in treatment and over 50,000 orthodontists and dentists have been trained on how to use Invisalign. However, there is a steep learning curve and many practitioners have limited success until they have successfully treated several hundred patients.
Does Invisalign work as well as normal braces?
Depends on the experience of the clinician.
We don't mind blowing our own horn in saying that our many years of orthodontic experience and successful treatment of hundreds of Invisalign patients has given us an edge in excellent results.
Is there an age limit for Invisalign treatment?
At Kawana Dental we have successfully treated kids as young as 12 right through to one "older kid" of 76 :-).
There is a specific Invisalign Teen treatment protocol but we find many of our patients in their 20s to 60s who have had braces before or have avoided braces are delighted with this alternative.
Where can I see pictures of actual finished Invisalign cases?
To see what a few of the happy patients are saying about Invisalign, please visit the Invisalign website www.invisalign.com.au (click on the "Success Stories" tab).
However below you will soon find pictures of some of the hundreds of patients actually treated at Kawana Dental ( to be added shortly....still learning how to do this!)
What are the primary benefits of Invisalign?
There are four primary benefits fo Invisalign:
1. Invisalign is nearly invisible - you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
2. Invisalign is removable - you can eat and drink what you want in treatment: you can also brush and floss normally to maintain good oral hygiene.
3. Invisalign is comfortable - there are no metal brackets or wires to cause mouth irritation: no metal or wires also means you spend less time in the doctor's chair getting adjustments.
4. Invisalign allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan before you start - so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete.
5. Your smile starts looking better well before you finish treatment with no braces in the way.
6. You can start bleaching/whitening of your teeth with the aligners during treatment, so your smile is straighter and whiter earlier.
How much does Invisalign cost?
Depends on the time taken/number of aligners needed. Treatment can cost anywhere between $4,100 and $7,500.
What do aligners look like?
Aligners are nearly invisible and look similar to clear bleaching/whitening trays, but are custom-made for moving the teeth. Think of them as a medical grade "smart Gladwrap".
How long will treatment take?
The length of treatment is dependent on the severity of individual cases. Treatment may vary from anywhere between six months to two years with an average treatment taking around 12 to 14 months.